Assembly Team Leader
Education level: MBO/HBO
Contract time: Full-time
You are an expert in the final assembly and building of electronics products. You know the underlying products and understand the planning and logistics of orders, assembly, packaging and delivery of electronics. You are enterprising and know how to motivate people. Do you recognize yourself in this profile and do you want to develop your own skills? Then don’t miss out on this opportunity. We are starting up a brand-new assembly division and are looking for someone to manage it.
Your job as Assembly Team Leader
Technolution delivers advanced solutions in the form of software and electronics. Due to the increasing success of our electronics products, we are beginning our own product assembly division in a new location near our head office in Gouda. As Assembly Team Leader, you will be leading this division. But before we get there, you’ll work with experienced colleagues to prepare the new location and its work places, select tools and instruments and acquire them, and put together your team.
Once the product assembly division is up and running, you will be working alongside your team as a hands-on foreman. Your team will initially consist of 3-4 colleagues, but this is likely to grow quickly. You and your team are responsible for the final assembly of electronics products on the basis of (externally) assembled circuit boards, casings and cable harnesses. The products will consist of relatively small series of high-grade devices such as control boxes for complex machines and encryption equipment. Flexibility in the execution, high quality and tight delivery schedules are crucial. After assembly, the products are fitted with software, tested and packaged. In addition, your team will be carrying our repairs.
Your tasks and responsibilities as team leader will include:
- Reading and analyzing technical drawings and production data and drawing up work instructions on the basis of these
- Technical consultations with engineers
- Status consultations with project managers and Product Teams
- Drawing up and monitoring work schedules, production planning and leave planning
- Ordering components, packaging materials and tools
- Onboarding, coaching and supervising team members
- Carrying out performance reviews and other staff conversations
- Supervising and promoting safety and compliance with Arbo (industrial safety) and environmental rules
We are looking for an engineer who has wide experience in the final assembly of electronics products to fill this vacancy
- A completed relevant MBO+ (senior secondary vocational education and training) or HBO (higher professional education) degree (for example in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics)
- At least 3 years’ experience in a relevant function
- Knowledge of products, materials and tools
- Knowledge of and experience with setting up assembly processes
- Knowledge of Arbo (industrial safety) and safety rules
- Excellent reading and writing skills in English and Dutch
- Flexible and quality-oriented
- Communicative and empathetic
- Precise and analytical
Starting a new division is an adventure
This position is an adventure – you’ll be helping to set up a new division! You’ll do this in the context of an established firm with an excellent reputation for quality, service and customer satisfaction. Like us, you combine a passion for technology with a cost-efficient and customer-oriented focus. You are able to adapt flexibly to changing requirements. Thanks to your precise method of working, you are very suited to working with high-grade products. You have a positive attitude and are a rock to your team members.
Everything is about technology at Technolution. With our 200 technical professionals, we have been realizing high-grade software and electronics for more than 30 years, for clients in mobility, energy, industry, security and high tech. Our core values are a passion for technology, ownership and reliability.
We can be brief about our working conditions: they’re really good. Want to see proof? The loyalty of our employees is the best proof there is. More than 50 of our colleagues have been with us for more than 12.5 years.
Fitch and screening
Completing the Fitch method is part of the application process. Online analytical questions help us to map your qualities and values and to compare these with the job and the competencies it requires.
Because we also produce officially approved security equipment, a screening will be part of the recruitment process.
Your job as Assembly Team Leader in short
- Setting up an assembly division and selecting your team
- Working with advanced electronic products
- Technical consultations with engineers
- Procurement, logistics and planning
- Leading a team, hands-on foreman
Can you see yourself working for Technolution as a Customer Care Officer? Apply using the form below. We look forward to receiving your application!